Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Favorite Music for the Month of July

0 comments
 


Hai. It's time I shared the tracks and albums that I have been obsessing over for the month of July. I have been getting caught up with some old mixtapes and albums. So some of these songs are old but they are still great to listen to!


I will start with the album that has a song I have had on repeat for a week straight? which is Jay Z's most recent album, Magna Carta Holy Grail. From this album my favorite tracks included: Holy Grail ft. Justin Timberlake, Oceans ft. Frank Ocean, Part II (On The Run) ft. Beyonce (the track I had on repeat because I loved Bey's part), Somewhereinamerica, La Familia, Heaven, and BBC. Going back to last year, I have been listening to Channel Orange by Frank Ocean. I have also listened to Summer Camp Mix from 2011 and 2012. I saw Tyler, the Creator talking about them on his Formspring account and decided to check them out! There is a variety of different songs on the mixes and something for everybody! 

My newest music obsession is TDE (Top Dog Entertainment)! The members consist of: Kendrick Lamar, Schoolboy Q, Ab-Soul, and Jay Rock. I began listening to Kendrick Lamar last year when I listened to Section.80. In the beginning of the summer I heard Schoolboy Q's My Hatin' Joint. But this month I have listened to most of everyone's mixtape except Jay Rock. I have only heard him from features on the other's tapes and Black Hippy. My favorite member at the moment is Ab-Soul. My favorite tracks from him are from: Control System, The Book of Soul and Terrorist Threat, Long Term, Day in the Life and Long Term, and Long Term 2, Can Anybody Hear Me. My favorite songs from Schoolboy Q are from: Habits and Contradictions, There He Go, My Hatin' Joint, and Blessed ft. Kendrick Lamar and Setback, Phenomenon. 


I have also been listening to Toro Y Moi's album Anything in Return because I am going to his concert in October and I am very excited about that! I am going to the concert with my sister and my friend Aysha. Aysha is a huge Chance the Rapper fan and she would always put up post about him on her tumblr blog so I decided to check out his mixtape, Acid Rap! It was great and some of my favorite tracks from it are: Cocoa Butter Kisses, Juice, Chain Smoker, Everybody's Somebody, Interlude (That's Love), Favorite Song, and my favorite track from the album that I probably played a million times, Lost.

Here are some other tracks that I enjoyed this month:

  1. Jaden Smith - Too Much ft. OmArr/Josiah Bell
  2. Kendrick Lamar - Cut Off
  3. Willow Smith - Summerfling
  4. Ariana Grande - Baby I
  5. Nelly - Get Like Me ft. Nicki Minaj and Pharrell
  6. STWO - One
  7. Honey the Hippie - Ride ft. Tee
  8. Hannibal King - Flowers for Love
  9. Quasimoto - Planned Attack
  10. 2Chainz - Feds Watching ft. Pharrell
  11. A$AP Ferg - Shabba ft. A$AP Rocky
  12. Simple Minds - Don't Forget About Me
  13. Lana Del Rey - Without You
  14. N.E.R.D. - Tape You
  15. Kendrick Lamar - She Needs Me
  16. Dom Kennedy - I Hate Summers
  17. Tyler, the Creator - Awkward
  18. Mazzy Star - Fade Into You
  19. Black Hippy - U.O.E.N.O. Remix
  20. N.E.R.D. - Run to the Sun
  21. Drake - On My Way
  22. Drake - All Me
  23. Disclosure - Latch
  24. Robin Thicke - Give It 2 U ft. Kendrick Lamar
  25. Pharrell - Just a Cloud Away


For more tracks go check out my playlist on my Tumblr!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope you liked the music. Have a good day :)


Twitter: OGPanda7
Instagram: tinabell12
Vine: the muse



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff