Friday, August 30, 2013

Favorite Music for the Month of August

0 comments
 


Hey guys! This month has been filled with GREAT new music and I have also been listening to some older mixtapes!

I will start with the most talked about song this month! Big Sean featuring Kendrick Lamar and Jay Electronica -- Control! Big Sean and Jay Electronica had great verses but the one that stood out to me and most people was Kendrick Lamar's verse. He named dropped a few of his peers and told them it was time to put competition back into hip-hop. Some people also had a problem with Kendrick calling himself the 'King of New York'.The song dropped two weeks ago and people are still talking about it. I personally didn't think that Kendrick did not mean any harm by mentioning the names and the only people that felt the need to  respond were rappers that was not mentioned. Check out the song below and share your opinion on the song in a comment:


Some albums that I checked out this month were Kendrick Lamar's Overly Dedicated, Jhene Aiko Sailing Souls, and Earl Sweatshirt Doris. They are older mixtapes however I loved listening to them over and over again. Some the tracks that stood out to me on Overly Dedicated were: Alien Girl, She Needs Me featuring Dom Kennedy and Murs, Opposites Attract (Tomorrow Without Her) featuring Javonte, Michael Jordan featuring Schoolboy Q, P & P 1.5 featuring Ab-Soul, Cut You Off (To Grow Closer), and Growing Apart (To Get Closer), which was also on the next album that I will be talking about.

The next album I would like to talk about is Sailing Souls by Jhene Aiko. The tracks I enjoyed on this mixtape were: another slight different version of Growing Apart (To Get Closer), Growing Apart Too featuring Kendrick Lamar and H.O.P.E., My Mine, Space Jam, Stranger, and You Vs. Them.


The last album I enjoyed was Doris by Earl Sweatshirt. You guys know that I am a HUGE Odd Future fan so here are some of my favorite tracks from the album: Burgundy, Sunday featuring Frank Ocean, Sasquatch featuring Tyler the Creator, 20 Wave Caps featuring Domo Genesis, and Knight featuring Domo Genesis.

I got a chance to listen to some of Just SZA, who recently signed with TDE, tracks on her SoundCould, check out her EP, S, below:



Here are some other tracks I enjoyed bumping this month:

  1. STWO-Lovin U
  2. Party Next Door-Tbh
  3. Vic Mensa-Hollywood LA
  4. Drake-Hold On We're Going Home ft. Majid Jordan
  5. Ab-Soul-Christopher DRONEr
  6. Ariana Grande-Right There ft. Big Sean
  7. John Legend-Made To Love
  8. Dom Kennedy-Watermelon Sundae
  9. Lianne La Havas-Lost & Found
  10. John Mayer-Wildfire ft. Frank Ocean
  11. Tame Impala-Feels Like We Only Go Backwards
  12. Trinidad Jame$-Quez ft. Fabo of D4L, Danny Brown, and Playa Fly
  13. King Los-Control Remix *My Favorite Control Response*
  14. Disclosure-You & Me (Flume Remix)
  15. SZA-Teen Spirit
  16. Jordan Bratton-The Grey
  17. Danny Brown-I Will
  18. Jhene Aiko-Comfort Inn Ending (freestyle)
  19. Jhene Aiko-In Love We Trust ft. Casey Veggies
  20. Avicii-Wake Me Up
  21. Ariana Grande-Almost Is Never Enough ft. Nathan Sykes
  22. Princess Chelsea-The Cigarette Duet
  23. Justine Skye-Hard Work
  24. PARTYNEXTDOOR-Relax With Me
  25. Banks-Before I Ever Met You


For more music that I love follow me on Tumblr and check out my SoundCloud!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff