Monday, August 4, 2014

Music Monday #8: Girl Power

0 comments
 
It's Monday so that means it's time for another Music Monday! Today is all about GIRL POWER! Some really important songs and videos were put out last week and I have them here. Check them out below:
This Music Monday is all about the ladies! Last week, they released hit after hit. 
Photo Cred: Instagram

First, Jessie J teamed up with Ariana Grande and my personal favorite, Nicki Minaj for her single, Bang Bang! From Nicki's Instagram, a video is being shot and I can't wait to see it!

Photo Cred: Instagram

Following that release Nicki Minaj dropped Anaconda, which is a 2014 Sir Mix-a-Lot, Baby Got Back, if you ask me.

The album-art was the focus around many memes last week and some deemed it "Unacceptable". So, in Nicki fashion, she went to her IG account let the haters know how she felt.

Photo Cred: Instagram

The album cover has brought her some controversy but obviously Nicki's not letting that stop her because last night at midnight, Beyonce dropped a ***Flawless Remix ft. Nicki Minaj online! It was rumored that this song was going to come out but I did not believe it. Last night I got on Twitter at 3 am and saw everyone tweeting about not having edges and Azealia Banks being dragged in her mentions' for a tweet (LOL). I had no clue what was going on until I got on tumblr and saw my two favorite artist, Beyonce and Nicki Minaj, really did make a remix to ***Flawless! Beyonce addressed the elevator incident by showcasing her rapping skills and Nicki basically spazzed with Monster 2.0 aka her verse when she said my favorite line, "Cause we're A-Listers, we're paid sisters". This song inspires me to get my life together and be great just like them. I was too excited, so I decided to share that with you guys today!

For finish off this immaculate GIRL POWER Music Monday, I would share two videos.

First, this wonderful, positive video from Janelle Monae for Electric Lady! Everyone looked as if they had a really fun time filming this video.


Definitely loving the song in this commercial below. 

It is for Kendall and Kylie's Pacsun Back To School Collection. They are doing big things with their book and clothing collection, so why not include them in this Girl Power Music Monday? I was loving the song in the commercial and found out the singer is Chase Duddy, who does most of the music for the PacSun commercials but doesn't release it. That kind of sucks but at least I can listen to the video over and over on YouTube! Check it out below:



What are some songs you listen to when you want to feel empowered? Let me know in a comment below! Have a great week!
Thanks for stopping by my blog,
IG: ogpanda7
Twitter: teoshadhoward
Don't forget to follow my blog on BloglovinGlipho, and Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff