Monday, July 14, 2014

Music Monday #5 - Reconnecting with R&B

0 comments
 
Happy Monday Guys! Check out how I reconnected to r&b below!



After watching the August Alsina, Trey Songz and Chris Brown I Luv This **** (Remix) performance on the BET Awards a few weeks ago, I decided to go on YouTube and watch a few (more like 10-15..lol) videos that were related to August Alsina. I downloaded his album, Testimony, and haven't really listened to anything else but that and Trey Songz's, Trigga. Can you say OOOB-SESSEDDDD?! I have went back to my love for r&b. Thank you BET!


A friend told me about August Alsina's music last year but I didn't really know much about him other than the pictures I saw of him on Tumblr. Then the 106 & Park incident happened and I decided to read his Wikipedia page. I still didn't really go listen to his music but I saw a few people talking about his single, I Luv This **** on Tumblr. When I went on YouTube I realized I saw his covers, to Frank Ocean's Acura Intergurl and Drake's Trust Issues back in 2012. (SN: Speaking of Frank, did you see the IG picture Nabil posted of him in the studio? Can't wait for his new music!) But this is about August, so yeah, I just did not know who August was. Now that I know of him I decided to listened to his debut album, Testimonyand I loved all of the songs but my favorite tracks were: No Love, You Deserve, Benediction featuring Rick Ross, Make It Home featuring Jeezy, Kissin' On My Tattoos, Numb featuring B.O.B and Yo Gotti, and I Luv This **** (Remix) featuring Trey Songz and Chris Brown



The other album I have been enjoying is Trigga by Trey Songz! I really loved all of the songs on this album as well. My favorite tracks were: Touchin, Lovin featuring Nicki Minaj (obviously because Nicki's my best friend in my head and I am lowkey a Barb) , Change Your Mind, Cake, and Disrespectful featuring Mila J. Did you know that Mila J. is Jhene Aiko's older sister?

That's all that I have this week! Are you a r&b fan? Have you listened to any of these albums? Let me know in a comment below and share this post with your friends if any of them were wondering about the Trigga and Testimony albums! Don't forget to follow me on my social media accounts so we can chat it up. I am always reposting music on my Soundcloud and pinning interesting things on Pinterest! I also started back using Twitter more! Follow me. My links are below.


Thanks for stopping by my blog,
IG: ogpanda7
Twitter: teoshadhoward
Don't forget to follow my blog on BloglovinGlipho, and Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff