Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Teosha's Twist Out Tutorial

0 comments
 


I have been transitioning to natural hair without doing the big chop. My relaxed and heat damaged ends makes my curl pattern not so appealing. So I use the twist out method to help with this. Below is a video of my twist out routine. 





Step 1: I wash my hair using TRESemme Naturals Radiant Volume Shampoo. Some say you should not use shampoo because the sulfate drys the hair out when it removes the oil and all other moisture. I tried the "no poo" method and was not very successful because the conditioner just built up on my scalp. Therefore I have to use shampoo in order to make my hair feel clean. I repeat this step once.



Step 2: I condition my hair with TRESemme Naturals Radiant Volume conditioner and Suave Rosemary and Mint Conditioner. I purchased the Suave Condition to do the "No Poo" method however I didn't like the results. I didn't want to waste the conditioner by not using it so this was my first time using the conditioner with shampoo. I put the TRESemme conditioner on my roots and the Suave conditioner on my ends. I leave it in my head for about 4-6 minutes and then I wash it out.




Step 3: I detangle my hair then I apply my deep conditioner, Organix Hydrating Macadamia Oil. I pay close attention to the back of my hair and the top because those are the driest. I place a shower cap on my head and leave it in for at least 30 minutes. Then I wash it out.




Step 4: I apply coconut oil to add moisture and shine and also Chi Keratin Mist to help with hair breakage.

Step 5: I section my hair. I have 6 section by the time I am finished. I spray ApHogee ProVitamin Leave-In Conditioner on the section. It does not come in a spray bottle so I had to put in one myself. I got that spray bottle from the Dollar Tree.





















Step 6: I put 3 twist in each section. I apply ECO Styler Professional Olive Oil Styling Gel for each individual twist.






Thank you for stopping by my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff