Monday, December 23, 2013

Nostalgic Emerald Holiday

3 comments
 
When I was younger I had a green velvet dress that I loved to wear. This Fall the velvet trend has returned and it is no longer only for special occasions. I paired my summer skater dress with this emerald green velvet top and it was Holiday ready! I have been looking for something made out of the velvet texture since October and one day I was in the thrift store when I came across this top. I thought the perfect accessories for this holiday look were pearl, gold and black items. I decided to go with my pearl necklace and bracelet, gold watch and black and gold sun purse.

To keep my legs warm, I included my printed tights and knee high socks, which I pulled down to stick out the top of my black booties. I think three things every girl should have in her wardrobe this Fall and Winter are: a velvet item (i.e. top, vest, dress, shoes, etc...), colorful or printed tights, and great socks (i.e. boot, knee-high,  or over the knee socks.











Velvet Top: Thrifted | Skater Dress: Forever21
Tights: Torrid | Knee-High Socks: Target
Booties: Wet Seal
Purse: Thrifted | Necklace: Beauty Store | Bracelet: I don't remember | Watch: Target

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope this look inspires you to channel your inner nostalgic Christmas moments!
IG: ogpanda7
Twitter: ogpanda7
Don't forget to follow my blog on BloglovinGlipho, and Facebook.

3 comments:

  1. You look so stylish, Teosha. My favorite velvet piece is a black tux blazer with an attached tie-belt bow that Sarah Jessica Parker made infamous so long ago when she collaborated with the chain, Steve and Barry. Are you as happy as I am that long socks are trendy for us ladies? They sure help keep the legs warm and the boots on snug.

    Merry Christmas

    Sharon
    http://www.afashioncrowd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon!! I am loving the long socks and velvet trend! I am sure that black tux blazer looks amazing! Merry Christmas to you also! I can't wait to check out your blog!!

      Delete
  2. Green and Velvet can never go wrong! love it!


    www.herbossyash.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff